Saturday 25 February 2012

New London Architecture



Oh, you absolutely must visit this place if you’re interested in building works in London. It’s not far from Oxford street, so nice and central, it’s free and it’s super interesting.

They have temporary and permanent exhibitions, the most arresting of which is a model of central London (the other exhbitions are worth a look too – check the website), but it’s incredibly interesting, and it’s fun to try to figure out where you work/particular landmarks or places you know. I thought I’d done quite well at the time but looking at the photos I took I don’t think I managed to find my office after all… must try harder next time!

In order: an overview of the whole thing, Southbank and London Eye, Tottenham Court Road and NLA (admittedly you can only tell this because of the Crossrail line...), the Shard and London Bridge, and Docklands. 

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment