Sunday 20 January 2013

Barbican Conservatory

So last week I was up in town to look at the steam train, and then I decided to go for a walk around Barbican, because it's the best place in London to pretend the world's ended and you're the only one left (just me? Oh). 

While I was wandering, I happened across the rather fabulous Barbican Conservatory, which is a tropical plant hothouse in the middle of the Barbican.  This was super exciting for me, especially as one of my favourite things to take photos of is giant plants (Eden Project ftw). Also it was warmer than outside, so that was nice. 

Excitingly, as well as over 2000 (!) species of plant, they also had fish and birds. I am very easily pleased. 





   




 












It's only open on occasional Sundays, and the next dates are:

Sun 20 Jan
Sun 27 Jan
Sun 10 Feb

...one of which is today. Aren't I helpful? Haha. 

http://www.barbican.org.uk/visitor-information/conservatory

No comments:

Post a Comment